Sunday, November 12, 2006

Flea Markets and Dollar Stores

A few friends and I went to the flea market this morning and I found a couple of items during my wanderings that I really need. It seems like the "flea market" phenomena is fairly recent in our culture...I don't remember going to one till I was possibly in my 40's but they were probably around long before that. Still, anything so ingrained in our culture that hasn't been around for 50 years can be considered new.

Another thing that I think of as a fairly new arrival is the dollar store. I've never gone into one yet and come out empty handed because they carry all the little doodads that we need but don't necessarily replace immediately.

Before these additions to our world we had to buy everything in regular stores at higher prices so sometimes progress actually is good. The only downside is that the quality suffers...but we're a throw away society anyway so it doesn't matter too much.

Just a thought!

No comments: