Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A Capable Lady

I have a lady friend, my age, who is a "Jaqueline of All Trades". She's a single Mom who raised her two sons all by herself with no help from her estranged husband. She learned to fix appliances and do any repair work in the house. At one time she would buy houses and renovate them herself and then resell them for a profit. Opposites do attract and I consider her one of my dearest friends.

Carole is coming to stay in our park for 3 weeks and I know she'll be on the run the whole time. Since I'm sort of a laid back person I'm afraid she'll wear me out...but we'll have fun and I can always nap when she leaves.

Friends arrive in your life in some of the strangest ways. I believe it isn't coincidence and that you were meant to meet because you enrich each other's lives. I met Carole at a flea market back home where I saw her busily cleaning up her table. I'd thought it would be a good idea for me to also rent a table there because I love yard saleing and often come across terrific stuff which would sell well. I'm sort of shy and hate approaching strangers but I steeled myself and walked up to her. She was so nice and helpful, explaining how the flea market worked, and we quickly became good friends.

Our lives have been very different so we don't have background in common but we do share similar interests...like country music, eating out, live entertainment, having fun, etc! She's a genuinely nice person and I'm so happy to have her in my life. She thinks I'm okay, too!

No comments: