Sunday, December 24, 2006

One Xmas Eve Tradition

One Christmas morning when my children were aged 7 1/2, 6, and 2 1/2, I happened to notice in photographs that their pyjamas looked rather ratty. Thus began a tradition that lasted more than 30 years.

I would buy my daughters new pyjamas which I wrapped and placed under the tree. On Christmas eve they were allowed to open one present...the pyjamas...and this was all so they'd look nice for their Christmas morning photographs.

Over the years my daughters married and produced grandchildren for me. They all received nice new pyjamas to wear on Christmas eve, also. No more ratty looking kids for my Christmas morning pictures!

One year I noticed that buying pyjamas for my daughters and grandchildren was costing a heck of a lot of money so I quit cold turkey. These days I don't get to see them when they crawl out of bed on Christmas morning anyways...and I fear some of them don't even use pyjamas!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I have brand new pj's on tonight.
Merry Christmas Momma, I love you.