Thursday, January 25, 2007

Hooked on Laundry

I've mentioned before how I have an affinity for doing laundry possibly a little too often. A few years ago my husband and I went away for a few days and when we arrived back at the trailer park we were confronted with a strange sight. A group of friends here like to play practical jokes and they'd decided to decorate our pretty little trailer while we were gone. They had strung clothes lines from tree to tree, from door to awning, and from one end of the eavestrough to the other. Then they hung old clothes, garbage bags, and rags on the lines. I think they were trying to tell me something.

Today, as I was carting my dirty clothes over to the laundry room, my friend and neighbor came out to welcome me back from the cruise. He saw I was headed to the laundry room and commented "now everything is back to normal". Wonder if this was another cryptic message!

Note: A person who loves to do laundry does not necessarily do other kinds of housework with the same enthusiasm. I don't.

No comments: