Thursday, January 04, 2007

Looking for Sympathy

I'm having a hard time gaining any sympathy for my injury. I'm limping around like an accident victim and as soon as people find out my knee injury was caused by dancing they have no sympathy for me. My close friends are the worse...they laugh.

All my life I have never suffered in silence. If I had a cold the whole world would know because I'd tell them. If I had the flu I'd make sure to milk every ounce of sympathy from anyone who would listen to me. God forbid that one of my few illnesses caused me to throw up because, not only would I phone people to inform them of the catastrophic event, but I'd also cry in deep sympathy for myself. My friend, Sylvia, derisively asked me how I was ever able to bear children. It was painful, very, very painful.

I'm also empathetic...I cry when I see someone else cry (sometimes people I don't even know). I can't watch the news if they present grieving relatives because it breaks my heart. I can't read newspaper articles about cruelty. I can't tolerate fighting either staged or real.

Since I have such a soft heart, doesn't anyone think I deserve a little sympathy for my damn sore knee???

2 comments:

Kim said...

poor, poor momma :(

bluebird of paradise said...

poor poor patsy