Saturday, January 20, 2007

Packing

I started packing today for this 4 day cruise I'm going on tomorrow. I made a list and checked it twice...or maybe 20 times. And then I began adding more things to the list. It's difficult to go away for 5 days total and not make sure you have extras in case of emergencies. Like...what if I get a spot on my top and need to change it...white pants can only be counted on staying white for a few hours...what if it's cooler than expected...what if it's warmer than expected...what if I eat too much at the buffet and need clothes that expand with me???

I don't worry too much about neglecting to pack extras when I travel just to the States but I'm not sure there's a Walmart in the Bahamas. My husband and I went to the Bahamas about 15 years ago and I remember not being able to afford the clothes I saw in stores then. Today I'm an old age pensioner and don't tend to shop in boutiques.

About the packing...I need 4 pair of shoes for the 5 days (counting the return trip back home). I need the sandals I'll wear most of the time, Crocs for the pool, navy sandals for the one dress up night on the ship, and loafers for I'm not sure what...but I'll have them there just in case. I will bet my life that the men are taking, at best, 2 pr. of shoes. I'm taking a bottle of rum (not allowed) and 6 cans of Diet Pepsi (allowed). I'm also taking an alarm clock, air fresheners, and a night light. No wonder my suitcase is filled to overflowing!

Oh yes, we women also need hairblowers and cosmetics. I've put so much stuff in the suitcase that my trailer is starting to look as though I'm packing to go back to Canada for the summer.

Well, after a few last minute jobs tomorrow morning I'll be off on a brand new experience in my life. Wish me Bon Voyage!

3 comments:

Kim said...

air freshener?
Have the best time. I will talk to you when you get back.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

bluebird of paradise said...

why oh why didn't you wait for me????

patsyrose said...

To Kim...someone told us that the bathrooms might have a bad smell but they didn't. We took the air fresheners "just in case".

To Marilee...we're going again next year and you can come with us!!!