Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Difficult People

Why are some people so hard to get along with? I'm talking about friends who are "normal" about half the time so that you get to like them...then you realize they have a moody, sarcastic side that takes over the rest of the time and it irritates the hell out of you.

There is a lady here who works hard, volunteers probably more than most of us, and can be the life of the party. Out of the blue she no longer talks to certain people who have no idea what they've done. She becomes bitter with almost everyone else and alienates the few people who try harder to look past her idiosyncrasies. I used to just ignore the silences and speak to her as though nothing was wrong but now I'm fed up and will just stay away from her. Everything was fine the day before our cruise but she's not spoken to me and a few others since then. She'll walk right past and not even glance our way. I think the problem started when we all took up a collection for the lady who did so much to arrange the cruise and "M" didn't want us to do it. Her snit could be as simple as that.

I understand she has emotional problems or she wouldn't act this way but her rudeness has overcome any inclination I've had to continue being her friend. She's often moaned to me that she can't understand why people don't like her because she says she tries to be nice to everyone. Apparently she's blind to her faults. If I was a true friend I'd tell her that people don't like her because of her behaviour. But then she'd stop talking to me. OOPS! Too late!

2 comments:

bluebird of paradise said...

i hope it isn't our fayzie........

patsyrose said...

Fayzie is one of the angels in our family. Don't tell her that, though, or she could become "difficult".