Monday, April 23, 2007

The Aftermath

This is what happens when you complain to your handyman that you're not happy that he's taken 8 months to get a job less than half done. He quits.

I wasn't surprised but I was a little overwhelmed with the mess I was left with and one I wasn't capable of fixing myself. After a short time of feeling totally lost I pulled myself together and decided to hire a professional. All it takes is money but putting up with a torn up basement and an out-of-control demolition "friend" for 8 months used up too much energy and peace of mind on my part.

The only thing my handyman did that I asked for was to take down one offending wall. Then he proceeded to tear down ceilings and walls that I'd wanted to keep! You can only imagine how scary that is and how much misguided faith I had in this man to know what he was doing. In the end, I discovered I'd allowed an untrustworthy individual too much leeway.

I'll keep you posted on my progress in finding someone to complete the work started. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

bluebird of paradise said...

atta girl, now you are empowered!
m