Friday, May 04, 2007

A Mother

A Toronto mother has been arrested for prostituting her 12 year old mentally handicapped daughter. This is so out of the realm of imagination for the average, normal mother that it's haunting.

I had 3 little girls that I would have died to protect. Never mind my own little girls, there isn't a predator alive who could get past me if I was there to protect any little girl. In my eyes, that's a "normal" mother.

Real mothers are the ones who, when a child cries, all rush to see if it's their child. A mother is a natural care-giver.

Women who choose not to have children are a mystery to me. Of course they have the right to choose what to do with their own bodies but how do they stifle that maternal urge to reproduce? Personally I believe they've negated their true purpose on this earth. Money and freedom seem kind of petty in comparison to creating life and nurturing that little life into adulthood.

Back to the Toronto brood mare (shouldn't be called a mother). The news said she and her daughter lived in a crack house. Drugs cause some women to become prostitutes themselves but I'd bet my life that most of those prostitutes wouldn't...couldn't prostitute their own children. There is a strong instinct in most of us to protect our child at all costs so how did that instinct break down in this particular woman? I can imagine that she is nothing but a shell of a woman, long since had the soul torn from her body.

And the men who took advantage of this child? May they rot in hell!

No comments: