Friday, July 13, 2007

Adult Cartoons

I've noticed that there are a lot of adult cartoons on T.V. these days. There's something not quite right about an X-rated cartoon because cartoons should be funny, innocent, and for children. That's the view I carry of them and that's why it's disturbing for me to change channels and come across a cartoon where the characters curse.

I find it very difficult to understand how any self respecting adult would watch one these shows but I know of at least one very intelligent and respectable man who loves them. Since I found this out I still hold him in high regard but it's a bit shakier.

I've watched cartoons with my children and grandchildren and really enjoyed a few of them...Peanuts/Charley Brown and the Road Runner were my favorites. In all honesty, I haven't actually watched one of the adult cartoons so I shouldn't be judgemental but in this day in time I am.

The comedy shows I've always liked best on T.V. are the more family oriented ones such as Cosby, I Love Lucy, and Everybody Loves Raymond. I like stand-up comedy, too, and don't at all mind sexual content but too much cursing gets boring. Some comedians seem to think that cursing makes up for actual comedic talent.

Don't get me wrong...I'm a curser. I do try to control myself but when I'm startled or angry (or just careless) you might be surprised at the words that come out of this little old lady's mouth.

But cartoons really shouldn't be distorted from childish innocence into adult decadence. It just isn't right.

No comments: