Thursday, November 08, 2007

I'm Back...for a bit!

I'm still not on the internet properly. No paid server but I'm apparently piggybacking on someone else's wireless service. My grandson showed me how and I feel like a thief.

Circumstances have prevented me from leaving for Florida as planned so here I sit with an illegal internet connection until I know if and when I can leave.

A routine blood test showed an increase in my lymphocytes so extra tests were scheduled for November 14th with the results supplied on November 22nd. I almost wanted to ignore the problem and leave for Florida anyway but fate has a way of stepping in. My oldest daughter, Kim, was in a car accident on October 23rd which broke her foot quite severely. "Fate" knew I'd never leave home until Kim was on the mend. Since I had to stay here for her I decided to go ahead with the tests.

Kim has surgery tomorrow to have screws inserted in her foot to try to put all the broken bones back in alignment. It's serious surgery which will keep her off the foot for 2 months and then she'll have therapy for many months after. She'll probably have pain or discomfort for the rest of her life, damn it. The accident was caused by a van running a red light and hitting her little Saturn sporty car. We consider her lucky to be alive.

Any way, we'll plod our way through whatever we have to. Life is never fair or easy but we'll do what needs to be done. We are family and we have much to be thankful for.

No comments: