Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Trailer Damage

My friend's husband has taken on the job of fixing the front wall of my trailer that has been experiencing progressive water damage over the years. He removed the inside wallboards and we found that most of the framing is wet and rotten and needs to be replaced.

The one good thing that's come out of this mess is that we now know where the water is coming in and we couldn't have known that for sure without going inside the walls. Surprisingly, it isn't a terrific expense to repair this damage so I'm very happy that I was forced to go through with it.

Mickey, Sylvia's husband, is a work demon. He reminds me of my husband's work ethic with one exception. Mickey cleans up after himself as he goes and Dennis was content to work in a mess. Both are Maritimers and I know they would have gotten along great if Dennis were still alive.

Today, Mickey will be back hard at work on my front wall and another neighbor will be hard at work putting in a flush toilet for my friend, Carole. Good examples of the wonderful help we're able to get in this park whenever it's needed.

No comments: