Friday, January 11, 2008

Lizard in my Bedroom

This is Florida. Florida has little lizards that easily get into the house or trailer and one has taken up residence in my bedroom. Every once in a while he startles the life out of me, usually when I open a blind because he likes to stay around the top of the window.

My biggest fear is that he'll walk or fall on me while I'm asleep but then I rationalize that I've never seen a lizard come anywhere near a human being. They walk around us and scoot if we get too near but they aren't in the slightest curious about us. I'm hoping they don't like us and won't crawl into bed with me during a cold night.

Someone once told me that if you have a lizard in the house you'll never have cockroaches. Since I'm terrified of having a roach in the house maybe I should be embracing the presence of a little lizard. I just don't want him in my bed.

No comments: