Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Visitations From the Dead

I really believe the dead are not gone forever but just gone somewhere. Not only logic tell me that but I've seen some strange things in my life.

One of my friends lost her husband suddenly last year and I sat with her waiting for his body to be removed. My senses were on fire with the presence of him hovering worriedly around her, not ready to go on without knowing she was all right. I mentioned to her then that I could sense him there and she agreed that she could sense him also.

June is back to our park this year, bravely trying to carry on her life without her beloved husband of over 50 years. She came to my coffee morning yesterday and confided that she'd been feeling pretty low one day and asked him to please give her some kind of sign that he was still around. She then went out and got into her car and his religious medal which hung above the visor fell into her lap. Coincidence? I don't think so.

For whatever reason the dead are limited in the contact they are able to make with the living. Not everyone is lucky enough to receive visitation or maybe they're just not receptive. Death is not something we should fear so greatly but something we should be very curious about and open our minds to the possibilities.

I've had no visitation from my husband since the episode a few weeks after he passed away. I believe he'll be here when it's necessary and, so far, I'm doing okay.

For those of you who want to make contact with a loved one who has passed away, be open minded enough to accept it when it arrives. It will give you peace of mind.

No comments: