Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Florida...Squirrels!

I used to love the sound of squirrels running across my Florida trailer roof. It almost sounded like they were dancing up there. But after my summer from hell up north with attic squirrels, I can't stand the look or sound of them anywhere.

We have a few wild cats roaming the park and one, a beautiful orange tabby, has made it's home to the rear of my trailer. She/he loves to sun itself on my neighbor's picnic table and doesn't seem to mind when I get a little close, like when I'm hanging clothes on the clothesline.

The other night I heard a horrible fight between what I thought were 2 cats outside but this morning I discovered the loser in the fight...a dead and mutilated squirrel. I think it was the tabby cat that got it.

The carcass looked too gruesome to go near so I asked one of the maintenance men to remove it. They're always so willing to help anyone who asks.

I kind of feel bad for the squirrel but not very.

No comments: