Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I'M GONNA BE A GREATGRAMMA!!!!!!!

My precious first born grandson phoned me today and told me that he and his wife are expecting their first child, MY GREATGRANDCHILD, some time in mid July. I'm beyond thrilled. I'm ecstatic!

It reminds me of how much I loved my own firstborn and had serious doubts that there could be any love left for my second child. Of course, there was and there also was just as much love left for my third daughter. When my first grandchild arrived the volume of love blossomed once more only to be added to with each additional grandchild. Love, like eternity, is limitless.

The difference with expecting a greatgrandchild is that I'm more aware of my age and know I won't be around to see this little babe mature into a grownup and produce offspring for me to shower love upon. In that case, I'm going to shower obscene amounts of love on this tiny miracle, this precious piece of my own eternity.

I wish I had the words to express the joy within me right now.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I am still feeling so very blessed. Just imagine...

patsyrose said...

You are blessed, sweetie. Now get ready to feel a love so powerful that it will make you weak in the knees. This little baby will bring a light into your life, believe me.