Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008

There have been years in my life that I couldn't wait to put behind me. Years that had proven so difficult or miserable that I'm not even sure how I survived them. But the new year has always held hope for me, no matter what the past year was like and this new year arriving is no different.

2008 gave me squirrels in the attic but it also gave me a super fun cruise to Mexico. 2008 gave me a worn out furnace that needed replacing but it also gave me the opportunity and inspiration to start a new little business. There was good and bad in the year but nothing that broke my spirit. Best of all, 2008 gave me the beginning of life for my first great-grandchild. How could I not look back on 2008 with pleasure and appreciation?

One of the biggest truths I've learned in my long years is that life is what you make of it. If you allow setbacks to bring you down instead of looking at them as obstacles you can overcome, then you won't get the most out of life. If you can look beyond momentary unhappiness to the possibility of happiness in the future then you are a winner in life. It's all about the "attitude".

If you have the love of family or friends, then you have the best of what life has to offer. I can look forward to 2009 with both of those things so I'm one lucky lady.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Happy New Year lucky lady
xoxoxoxoxox