Monday, March 02, 2009

Grabbing the Baby

Kim, my daughter and the future grandmother of Nick's baby, and I have had a short discussion about my decision to hold myself in check where the baby is concerned. Kim told me to jump in and not hold back but I don't think she realizes just how I feel about this little fetus. I adore him already.

When Nick was a baby I could barely control myself from wanting to grab him and hold onto him forever. I hated to see anyone else holding him because I felt they were using up my time with him. Kim seems to have forgotten that.

When our new baby arrives in July someone is going to have to politely put me in my place or I'm going to monopolise that sweet thing. I'm already imagining how soft his skin will feel on my cheek and how mesmerizing his breath will feel on my neck when I cuddle him. I know I'll want to look at him for hours and search for all the similarities he has with his daddy, my Nicky.

So you see, Kim, you might want to set me straight before I get completely out of hand.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I live closer than you do...and I can lock my doors!!!! lol

patsyrose said...

You work and I don't so I can get there before you do. LOL!

We really do have to be careful not to be such pests that Nick and Natasha lock THEIR doors!

Nick Cleroux said...

I am accepting monetary bribes for exclusive time with the baby.