Monday, April 27, 2009

Steam Mop on Laminate Floors

I finally got around to using my new Shark steam mop on my basement laminate floors. It worried me to start even though I'd seen how quickly the water evaporated when I washed the ceramic floors. I tried out a small section and then checked to see how much moisture had accumulated where I'd just washed but it was negligable. Feeling braver by the moment I continue to wash the floors that, until now had only been damp mopped. As is my custom when washing the basement floors I always put fans on to help dry them and I noticed that the floors did indeed dry very quickly.

One of the negative comments about using the steam mop was that it leaves streaks. I did notice some streaks but they mainly disappeared if I washed over them a few times. One big outcome of washing my laminate with the steam mop is that I found out just how absolutely filthy the floors were. The way that I look at it, it's worth settling for a few streaks if your floors are really clean.

So far, so good...the floors are clean and I see no evidence of damage to the laminate floors.

No comments: