Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Accomplishing

I'm still riding high on the pleasure I got from getting some pretty important (to me) things accomplished this past week. It was like carrying a 10 ton load on my shoulders and now there's only a 9 1/2 ton one. Everything is not complete but the before and after difference is vividly measurable.

It got me thinking that we should all make great efforts to rid our lives of clutter. It doesn't have to all be done in one day but we should at least work at getting one huge job accomplished every so often. I have a long way to go but I'm all fired up now with the visible results of just the past week. There's a good chance my basement will be all cleared out before I head to Florida in the fall...never would have anticipated that a month ago but I'm starting to see the possibilities now.

It was the flea market enterprise that got me into this mess and getting out of it will probably end up costing me a bit of money but it will be worth it. It never occurred to me that all the great stuff I ended up storing in the basement might not get sold at the flea market and I'd be stuck with it. I do tend to jump into things with both feet because it seems like a good idea at the time but, when I find out I made a mistake, I'm quite capable of accepting my losses to get out of it. A good quality, if I may say so myself.

This feeling of relief and unburdening is almost like a drug and, with all the stuff I still have to get rid of, it's a feeling that will carry me all summer long.



No comments: