Saturday, May 16, 2009

Florida Friends

In the past week I've had phone calls from 3 of my Florida friends and it feels so good to know they're thinking of me. I'm not good at phoning people myself and usually send the odd e-mail but I do love it when someone calls me.

We're having our park reunion in July and I've only missed one since we bought the trailer (when my husband was ill). I look forward to seeing a lot of my Florida friends at the reunion because I really do miss them. Most live too far away from me to make visiting easy so the reunion is a good way to get together over the summer. This year it's in Ohio...it's in a different place each year but only in the state or province where most of our people live. I don't think it's ever been in any province except Ontario but we have had it in a few northern states.

My sister-in-law is going to the reunion with me this year and we've already rented our motel room. The organizers of each reunion arrange with a few local motels to give us a special rate and there will be possibly 20 couples we know staying at our motel. We'll all socialize at the designated park through the day and then end up socializing at our motel in the evening. We hang out with a real friendly bunch of people.

You'd think we'd get sick of each other but that doesn't happen. Nice, isn't it?

No comments: