Thursday, May 07, 2009

Getting Organized

Every once in a great while I throw out all the stops and organize one of my rooms or one of my projects. I spent the whole day today organizing my jewelery (for selling). I have quite a few clear plastic lidded boxes but they all seem to be just a bit too small or a bit too large...why am I not surprised? Because I happen to be the world's least organized person no matter how hard I try to be the opposite.

I rebagged each piece of jewelry and piled it into the appropriate container. I priced oddball items. I organized a small suitcase on wheels and a tote bag on wheels to accommodate the things I need to take when I'm selling this stuff. I attached bails and necklaces to tons of pendants. I ordered small diameter necklaces for tiny pendants (what I had wouldn't fit). I worked like a demon organizing everything to do with this jewelry and when I was finished...everything looked much the same as it had before, just in different boxes. For some reason I'd thought that by organizing these things they would take up less space. But no.

I'm giving myself a "9" for effort but a "2" for results.

No comments: