Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Lazy Day

I think the only thing I did today that was worthwhile was to work a few hours on the Swedish weaving afghan I'm making for my neighbor. It was one of those lovely days when nothing much needed doing and that's what I did...nothing much! I'll post a picture of the afghan when it's done. They're all different and they're all beautiful.

We all need a few do nothing days and we need to be able to recognize them when they come up. Foolish people would think, "Good, this will give me time to catch up on a few things that don't really need doing yet", but the smart person says, "Great, a do nothing day meant for relaxing".

Last night sweet Anna brought her laptop over and hooked it up to my printer. She proceeded to spend hours selecting designs and printing up almost 200 business cards for me. I felt so bad that it took as long as it did because she's a busy, working lady with a good heart. Apparently I need Word on my own computer to make the cards and I don't have it. I guess I'll have to find an alternative because I can't be tying up Anna's time like this.

The cards are for my new interest, selling jewelry (American spelling that we decided to go with). I have to get mostly out of the flea market business because toting those darned boxes of items is becoming increasingly energy draining on my part. The jewelry is beautiful and lightweight. Selling it involves me having to deal directly with the public and I've always hated that but I've obviously had an about turn in attitude because I'm even going to attempt home parties. If I'd had this attitude when I was younger (that I can try anything) I'd probably be a richer lady today. Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying out this new venture.

But there are still a few hours left in my "lazy day" and I intend to enjoy them.

No comments: