Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Pre-Human?

It's not that I believe everything scientists tell us but why did it take 2 years for them to inform us of the find of what could well be one of our ancestors? I'll bet it's because creationists reject the idea that we humans didn't pop onto this earth in the exact form we occupy today.

I don't understand why creationists are so terrified of the idea of evolution. Everything in nature evolves in one way or another simply because of the environment around us. Even tiny germs evolve from one form to another. I'm not religious but the fact of evolution doesn't nullify God although it might nullify our idea of his actual physical appearance.

How can anyone look at an ape and not wonder at our similarities? The ape's DNA is almost identical to ours so what would be so horrible if we were distantly related? Of course we're smarter but some of us are also smarter than a few of our human relatives, too.

I think evolution will one day be taught in churches as proof of their God's powers. I'm just wondering how long it will take before some enterprising evangelist will latch onto this idea.

No comments: