Friday, June 26, 2009

Music in the Aftermath

All the news reports on Michael Jackson are filled with repetitions of his music in the background. Normally that would begin to irritate the life out of me but with Michael's music that doesn't happen. It just makes me want to dance.

I'd heard that his records and CD's were now being bought up by the millions so I took a peek at Ebay and found they were selling for fantastic amounts of money. Wish I had some! I've always loved his music but never purchased anything by him...guess I gravitated towards country music and spent my money there. I thought my daughter might have collected his work so I phoned her to see. She said she'd had all of his records at one time but they'd been damaged in a flood and thrown out. Then she'd collected his CD's and they'd been stolen in a break in. Too bad!

There's talk that he'd been overmedicated with prescription drugs and that's what killed him. It was the same with Elvis Presley and it makes you wonder why some of the people who surround these stars don't step in and take better care of them. It also makes you wonder about the physicians who allow themselves to deliberately overmedicate a patient when they, more than anyone else, know the dangers.

I've watched a lot of news programs about Michael since he passed away and one of the saddest was a series of pictures taken from his youth to the present day. He transformed himself from a handsome black youth to a pale, goulish looking man. Where were his loving family and friends when he was undergoing these surgeries? It almost seems as though no-one cared as long as he earned money.

Michael Jackson's personal life was indicative of the turmoil his mind was in. It's too bad the people closest to him failed him right to the very end.

No comments: