Thursday, June 04, 2009

My View

As I sit at my computer every day I take a great deal of pleasure from glancing out the patio door and into my backyard. In the springtime it seems as though every day there is evidence of nature taking my meagre plantings and nurturing them into a lush beauty that pleases my heart.

Dennis built this 2 tiered deck 25 years ago and he must have done it right because it's held up strong. I restain it about every 3 to 4 years and thoroughly enjoy the 14 rail planters that must be over 10 years old now. One has started to split so I may have to continue on with an unlucky 13 one year soon.

When we moved into this house in 1968 there was no back patio door, no deck, no raised gardens, and no trees. We built it all with mainly Dennis' sweat equity and my vision.

The yard is at it's early June best but I'll have the pleasure of watching it all fill in over the summer. How nice.

2 comments:

Kim said...

and it is a beautiful retreat!

patsyrose said...

Nick and Natasha want it in a few years so it just might stay in the family.