Friday, September 25, 2009

Getting My Car Fixed

I am a single, senior lady who knows nothing about cars so normally I would be a sitting duck for any repair shop in the world...but I'm not. The person who owns the repair shop where I take my car when it acts up (rarely) is the husband of my sister-in-law's daughter. I can walk in there with confidence that Paul will treat me fairly and honestly.

My mechanic friend in Florida had told me last year that he thought my rotors needed replacement but the only thing I noticed about them was that the steering wheel wobbled a bit so I let it go. Two days ago I went into Paul's shop and told him I thought I could hear a grinding sound coming from somewhere and Paul didn't smirk but offered to take the car out for a drive. It turned out I needed new rotors and tires. Last year Paul had said my tires were all fine but I had planned to ask about them again this year because none had been replaced in 3 years.

I took the car into the shop yesterday morning and got it back mid afternoon. My 2001 Honda Accord runs like a dream again and I'm seriously thinking of keeping it for another 2 years instead of just one. It's important that I have a car I can count on because that's what I drive to Florida and back and now my little Honda is purring again. I love my car.

Just as I gather friends around me who enrich my life, I also gather repair people I can trust. It all makes life so much easier to traverse when you're dealing with honorable people.

No comments: