Wednesday, November 18, 2009

This and That

I've been mainly busy listing stuff on Ebay since I got back to the trailer. It seems to take hours to do the simplest thing on this slow dial up internet and it wears my patience. It actually took me 5 hours to list 12 items today...most of it waiting for a page to load. I use the wait time to go to the bathroom, eat, drink, watch T.V., do some housework, etc. I can't use the telephone, though, because it's dial up!

My friend, Sheila, had to drive her niece to the airport this morning so Sylvia and I went with her...5:45 A.M...and we stopped for breakfast on the way home. We never let one of our friends go to the airport in the dark alone so that's why Sylvia and I went along. We're retired...we can sleep anytime.

We played Bingo tonight and 2 new friends sat with us. They are two ladies who live in Sun City on the gulf side full time but they came over to our park for a little getaway. They'd heard how many activities we have in the park and decided to give us a try. They've had a great time and will come back, I'm sure.

We tried all our good luck rituals...rubbing Donnie's belly, setting our own good luck charms in place, etc. Arlene came over and molested my little Buddha in order for her to win a game and it worked. She came back for more rubbing later on.

We have fun at Bingo. The good luck rituals are just to give us a laugh and no-one takes them seriously. And Donnie likes his belly rubbed! I'll bet our new ladies wondered what kind of people we were when we called Donnie over and he obediently came and stuck out his belly for us. I think the rest of the Bingo players know us well enough to know we're really nice, honorable people. At least, I hope so.


No comments: