Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Losing Weight...Or Hoping To

Chris and Candy showed up at the park this week each weighing much less than last year. Chris is on the Atkins diet and Candy is following the Weight Watchers regime. They look fabulous!

Today I put on a pair of pants that fit me when I got here but now they're way too tight and it was the discomfort that made me decide to again try to lose some weight. I don't want to be skinny, just able to put my socks on without struggling.

I don't think I have the discipline to follow a strict diet so I'm just going to cut out a lot of the bad stuff I eat. After all these years of diets, I know what I should and shouldn't eat. My first success today was taking a bag of unopened potato chips and throwing them in the garbage. They are one of my biggest vices, almost a drug. It's the salt I'm addicted to.

My plan is to do the best I can and maybe even put myself into shock by getting on the scales occasionally. That really isn't necessary because I'll be able to tell by the way my clothes fit if I'm on the right track. I hate the blinding reality of a weigh scale.

Wish me well and let's see if my millionth attempt will work.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I with you Momma. It's just healthier.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox