Sunday, December 13, 2009

Taking Stock

Every once in a while we need to take stock of the direction our lives are going and make an unbiased decision about whether we wish to continue in this vein or to try another path. I'm at that point now. Don't get me wrong, life is good but changes need to be made and attitudes need to be adjusted.

Within the next few years I'll be selling my house and I'd really like to spend more time living somewhere other than my home town. I've always wanted to live in a small community so that's one option but there are others. It would be fun to just hop in the car and drive, staying where it looked nice and moving on when I felt like it. That thought lingers with me more and more.

It might seem strange that a senior lady wants to be footloose like this but I've been constrained most of my life. Maybe packing a suitcase and taking off for parts unknown for a while would be like a breath of fresh air. I just might do it.

No comments: