Friday, April 09, 2010

Eating Sensibly...-10 (possibly 10 1/4)

I'm not a good dieter...too lazy and eat out too much...but I've been successful enough since the end of January to pretty well keep off 10 pounds of blubber.

The small group who weigh in each Friday morning met again this morning for the last time until next fall. Four of us lost a bit and two gained a bit. Together, with our group support, we will all ultimately be successful to some extent with our weight issues.

Candy, our leader, asked if anyone wanted to make a pledge to lose weight over the summer. Most chose to pledge 10 pounds but some pledged 15. I chose 10 because I know how little will power I have and didn't want to feel too pressured. Losing 10 pounds over 6 months is a realistic goal for someone like me and it's one I am determined to reach.

We exchanged e-mail addresses and promised to weigh ourselves every Friday morning and relay the loss or gain to each other. It's a way to continue supporting and encouraging each other. I really believe it will keep us healthier.

Our group have had some wonderful losses over the past 2 1/2 months and the ones who did the best are walkers. I'm just too lazy and undisciplined to perform any kind of exercise regimen so it's my own fault if I don't lose faster.

In any case, our group has been a terrific help to all of us who probably would have continued that upward spiral if not for having to face each other and weigh in every week. I'm not expecting to eventually wear a size 10 but a 12 or 14 would be nice and comfortable.

Now I need to work on those next 10 pounds.

No comments: