Monday, May 03, 2010

Centipedes Will Be Gone!!

Last night I woke up about 3 A.M. to go to the bathroom and as I reached to turn my bedside lamp off I saw a humungous centipede on the wall right next to the bed. I grabbed the Raid and sprayed it till it croaked but was so disgusted by the little critter's presence that I decided it was time to call pest control.

First thing this morning, after a sleepless night with lights on, I called a couple of pest control companies to get a price on spraying my whole house and asked about guarantees. The first company charged $250 with a 6 month guarantee and the second company charged $175 with a 6 month guarantee. I chose company #2 which also gave me a tiny senior dicount. These companies have no idea that I would have mortgaged the house to pay for pest control that would rid me of these horrible bugs.

When I got home from Florida I noticed a huge increase in dead bugs around the house and attributed that to the powder I'd sprinkled around when I'd left in October. Little did I know that the huge increase in dead bugs meant that there was also a huge increase in live ones being born. These horrible creatures are not small, either, but damn big!

At 3:30 A.M., I laid in bed wondering how quickly I should sell this house and move on to a bug free apartment but then I thought it was worth paying a bit of money to have it sprayed. I'm hoping and praying that this will work because I'm totally fed up with always looking around fearfully as I walk through the house.

The pest control people are coming today at 3:30 P.M. and I have to be out of the house for 3 hours after they spray. Please let this work!!!

No comments: