Friday, July 30, 2010

Eating Sensibly...-11

Well, the impossible did happen and I only lost 1 pound for the week. Dieters know how weight fluctuates from one day to the next but it's still frustrating. But one pound off is one pound less than I was carrying last week so I'll take that as a sign I did something sensible for the week.

I'm not calling what I'm doing "dieting". For me, that has always been a road to failure because I tend to go at projects of any kind in a frantic and all out way. Over the years, if I dieted, I starved myself and that's no way to lose weight and keep it off. What I'm trying to accomplish these days is a sensible eating pattern, one that rules out too many fats and too many sweets. I will probably always have a problem with carbs, though, because I love pasta. Salt is another problem for me and one I will try to cut down on.

This might be the first summer in a long time that I didn't gain a few pounds. My weight loss buddies and this blog are the main reasons why!

2 comments:

Kim said...

When a 'pound' seems so little I always imagine a 'pound' of butter that has wasted away from my body and that always makes me feel better.

patsyrose said...

Exactly! That's the way we should look at it. I'll still never understand how our weight can fluctuate so much in a 24 hour period, though.