Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Getting the Porch Done

My usual handyman came over this morning to look at the porch and give his opinion on what needed doing. I trust this man completely and that's why I use his services whenever needed. He wasn't happy with what "Dean" had done to the porch 4 years ago, putting untreated plywood over concrete, and said it just might have caused more erosion in the concrete. This makes sense to me.

He said he could patch the worst piece of damage on the first step and then we might get a few years before the whole thing needed doing but I don't want to do that. I want it fixed now. So Don is going to remove the plywood on the first step and see what he has to deal with. I'm hoping the whole darned set of steps don't need replacing but we'll have to wait and see. Whatever, I want it taken care of now and not in a few years time.

It looks like he can do the job in mid September...he's a busy handyman because he's good, honest, and prices his jobs fairly. I trust his judgement and now I can just let him take care of it.

No comments: