Thursday, August 26, 2010

Honda Air Conditioning

Last week I noticed the air conditioning of my 2001 Honda Accord wasn't throwing out much cool air. Gradually, I could only get cool air on the top two settings with next to nothing coming out of the bottom two settings. On Tuesday of this week, the whole thing stopped working while Faye, Donna, and I took our trip over to Niagara Falls. Having to keep the windows open for fresh air meant our hairdo's didn't hold up. It was sort of nice, though, to leave the windows open for a change because we never seem to do that anymore.

Yesterday I stopped over at my favorite garage and made an appointment for them to look at the car today. In the meantime, I did some internet research and discovered that my problem was probably the blower resistor or the blower switch. I haven't got a clue what these are but that didn't stop me from suggesting to the garage manager that he should check out these things. Big mistake. Because I used words like "resistor", he thought I knew something about mechanics and started to talk to me in mechanicese. I finally admitted I didn't know what I was talking about and that I'd leave it up to him.

I was right, though. That was the problem and it was all fixed by early this afternoon and now my car air conditioning works perfectly. It cost $335 for the part, labor, freon topup, and taxes. I don't know what I would have done if I'd needed a whole new air conditioning system in my almost 10 year old car.

I've mentioned before how much I love this car. It's the most reliable car we've ever had and I don't care one bit that it's an import. It's reliable!

No comments: