Thursday, August 12, 2010

Screaming Women

I watched a little more T.V. this afternoon than I usually do and couldn't help but notice how much grown women scream when the host or hostess walks on, moves, or says something provocative or witty. What is wrong with these women? Little girls scream a lot in play compared to little boys but the sight of grown women screaming in ecstasy on daytime T.V. shows is creepy.

Men don't do that. They whistle or hoot but if a man screams you can pretty well bet he's gay. There must be a female gene for screaming and it's irritating as hell. Come to think of it, I've never seen an old woman screaming on these shows so we must outgrow it sometime after the age of 50. I don't recall seeing old men whistle and hoot, either, so maybe all that juvenile behaviour ends for us when we're complete adults.

I don't ever plan to completely grow up but you can bet your butt I won't be screaming in ecstasy at an Elvis impersonator show...or even a Toby Keith show but I will be in serene ecstasy.

No comments: