Wednesday, September 22, 2010

More Spraying

I got so fed up with spotting centipedes that I spent $170 to have a bug man come to the house and spray. Well, he came back for the 4th time today because I'm still seeing the odd centipede and I don't think I should see any, especially after all these sprayings.

This last spraying must have been a killer because I had to be out of the house for 5 hours after he finished spraying. Either this stuff is going to kill all the centipedes or it just might kill me.

My problems started years ago when one of the basement walls allowed water to come in. I had it all fixed 4 years ago but then water began coming in another wall. I had this fixed, too, but by then the darned centipedes had moved in enmasse. I didn't realize just how bad it was until this spring and that's why I hired the bug man. I expected miracles for my $170 and still do. My guarantee expires in November and I expect my house to be centipede free by then.

I'm not taking any chances, though, and will hire my bug man next spring if he'll have me. I doubt he realized how bad my situation was when he started but he's been very good about returning over and over again. He always asks if the bug I saw was dead and I always tell him that, if it was dead, I'd be a happy lady and not calling him.

We'll see how the latest spraying works. I'm hoping for a miracle...again!

No comments: