Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is our Canadian Thanksgiving and I wonder how many people celebrate it with the thought they should be giving thanks for all that is good in their lives. Most of us just look forward to a nice turkey dinner with family.

We in Canada have so very much to be thankful for. We live in a country that is not war torn and where no-one needs to go hungry. We live in a country where health care is provided for everyone, rich or poor. We live in a country where every child can attend school.

True, there is crime but most of us can live out our lives without ever becoming victim to it. Our streets our relatively safe. Our life is comfortable because we live in country not rampant with gun toting terrorists. We have a lot to be thankful for when you think about it.

I'm most thankful for the good people in my life who make my life worth living. I'm thankful for the peace of mind I've acquired in old age. And I'm very thankful to be spending this day with family I love!

No comments: