Sunday, January 23, 2011

66 For Dinner

Yesterday 66 of the residents from this park went out for dinner together. Millie arranged it all at the restaurant where we have our Sunday morning breakfast. Now, the fact that 66 people from a park where the total winter residency hovers around the 300 mark all merrily trotted off to dinner together must tell you something.

First, we have a congenial group at our park. Second, most prefer eating out to cooking their own dinners. Third, Woodsbys is one heck of a nice restaurant where the meals are reasonably priced and taste like home cooking.

Millie played hostess and made sure everyone was seated and enjoying their meals. She was in her element as mother earth, taking care of her brood. I had the ribs which were so plentiful that I took half home with me and will be my dinner for tonight, too. I doubt many were able to finish their dinner because take out boxes were in evidence all over the restaurant. We're lucky to have an establishment like this not too far from the park.

I was able to squeeze in about a 5 minute nap between dinner and our evening Rummoli game. Again, we laughed so hard at some of the banter over the game that I'm sure I added a few more years to my life. Joann is an absolute hoot and I don't think our games would be half as much fun if she wasn't there.

Thank you to the fates which brought me here!

No comments: