Monday, February 21, 2011

Drug Effects

I've always wondered what kind of effect people get from using drugs like cocaine and heroin but I would never be stupid enough to try them myself. The idea of addiction is very frightening for me and I wonder why it hasn't been for the people who have become addicted to street drugs.

I imagine they get some sort of mental rush or euphoria that lasts for a while and it's that rush they crave. I don't understand how or how qhickly their bodies become physically dependant on the drugs, though.

It's understandable that mentally deficient people would be easy targets for drug dealers but it seems that most who become addicted are of normal intelligence. Why would anyone with half a brain take these drugs the first time when they're widely known to ruin lives? Either they don't care or they believe they are too smart to suffer the same fate. It must come as quite a shock when their lives begin to come apart.

The saddest part of becoming a drug addict is what it does to their loved ones. Parents, mates, children, friends...all suffer to some degree because of the actions of the addict. Some will ultimately turn their backs on the addict because it's the only way to save their own lives. All will be losers in the end.

It used to be only alcohol that destroyed lives and families but human beings have created even worse drugs of choice for foolish people. It's possible to drink in moderation but I've never heard of anyone using cocaine or heroin in moderation. Those are truly deadly drugs and should never be toyed with.

I still wonder what kind of physical effect could be so wonderful that anyhone would continue to use the drug which will surely lead to their death.

No comments: