Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sad, Mad Story

Last year Faye and Gary rented a trailer from an acquaintance of ours. I got the key early so that I could have cable T.V. installed before Faye and Gary got down here. Simple? No.

The idiot who owned the trailer decided that 2 of his patio chairs had been replaced and then decided that I had stolen them. He never mentioned this to me but told quite a few of my friends who laughingly repeated it to me. By the time I found out, he and his wife had gone back home to Canada so I had no chance to confront him and demand an apology.

From that point, we sent e-mails back and forth which only angered me further. I could have gone to their home and raised a fuss but chose to let my anger simmer and wait until they and I were back at the trailer park this winter.

Well, they showed up in November and I spoke to the wife because she was the only one I cared about. I told her I had not taken her damn chairs and was insulted that she'd think I had. She responded by saying she knew I hadn't because she'd had a dream telling her who had taken them. She's nuts! I stayed clear of her husband and he pretty well stayed clear of me. He's very much unliked here and I felt it didn't matter whether I got an apology from an oaf like him.

Tonight I was working Bingo and he came over to me with a little gift. I politely refused it but he kept insisting until I angrily glared and told him that I definitely did not want anything he might want to give me. At that, he said, "Let's just let bygones be bygones. I never said you stole the chairs.". Well, my temper flared and I replied, "Yes you did, and after what you said, I want nothing to do with you!". He finally got the message and walked away.

Like I said, this man is an idiot and only an idiot would think he could falsely call someone a thief and then expect them to "let bygones be bygones". I'm still very angry about the whole episode even though I don't believe my reputation here suffered at all. People know me and they also know him. He's a jackass and I'm a nice, honest person. Now I'll just have to make myself let it go and not give him the satisfaction of knowing how much he upset me.

I've never had to deal with anything like this before but I think I handled it okay. I even said, "Thank you" when the jackass paid for his Bingo cards.

No comments: