Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Friends and Foibles

A few months back, Mickey practically rebuilt one of the tipouts on my trailer to fix a water leak problem. The problem is persisting but it's too late in the season to tear the damn tipout apart again to try to fix it again but Mickey feels terrible about it. He did the very best he could but it's often difficult to discover where a leak originates so it isn't his fault. Sylvia came over today for a visit and Mickey came with her to look the problem over again and try to figure it out. He resealed a few places but I think we'll just have to leave it until the fall and hope for the best, that the mold that will surely develop doesn't do too much damage before we all get back here. Mickey has been a godsend to me but I hate to have him feeling responsible for dealing with my trailer problems. He has his own trailer to look after and he isn't a young man anymore...sorry, Mickey! I do hope he'll continue to want to help me out when needed but not to feel as though he has to. I'm at a complete loss when it comes to much that can go wrong with these tin cans so I sometimes wonder if I should be here at all. It's selfishness that keeps me here, though. I love the Florida park lifestyle and would really hate to give it up before I have to. Anyway, if you own a trailer you will always have one problem after another...some small and some monumental. If you're lucky, you'll have a good friend like Mickey.

1 comment:

patsyrose said...

Thank you. My intent is to show that growing old doesn't mean stagnation. Seniors just have more free time to enjoy themselves.