Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Winding Down

Usually by this time of the year it seems like my Florida winter is winding down but not this year. There are so many activities still going on right to the very end of March and I want to hit all of them. I guess April 1st will be my reality check when I have to start putting things away for the summer.

Plants need to be carted behind the Florida room so they won't get direct sunlight. Kitty litter (to gather moisture from the humidity) and charcoal (to hide that moldy smell) has to be bought. New clothes for me to take home are definitely to be bought...I like to get the last minute clothes that are just arriving in the stores at this time of the year. And worst of all, saying goodbye to the people I love to be with, knowing I won't see most of them again until next fall.

I'm ready to go home, though. I ache to see Nolan and now there's the new little baby, Nash, that was born February 24th. And I'm looking forward to having more alone time. The pace of life around here would kill me if I lived it all year round. It's really tiring racing around and trying not to miss out on anything that resembles fun so I'm my own worst enemy.

I do love these people, though, and will honestly miss them all summer. We have a reunion to go to in July and a lot of them will be there so I do have that to look forward to. I know I harp on how great the people here are but it simply happens to be true. There are so many extremely nice people in this park that I sometimes think only the best end up here.

Today is another busy day. Laundry in the morning, lunch at the clubhouse, and dinner at Gary's Oyster Bar. Depending what time we get back to the park, there's also cards at the clubhouse at 7 P.M. I slept late this morning so my energy level is high and ready for the whole darned day.

I firmly believe that you do what you can today because tomorrow is always questionable.

No comments: