Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Collection Notice

Sunday, April 10, 2011 The Collection Notice Shelley and I arrived home about 5 P.M. yesterday, tired but so happy to be back in Canada. We unloaded the car with the help of Kim and Cindy and then went out for dinner before tearassing to Nick's house to see Nolan and Nash. I remember when I would have been tearassing over to see Nick but the babies have taken first place now. This was my first opportunity to see Nash because he'd been born February 24th while I was in Florida. He reeks of gentleness and quietness. I loved him before I met him and now I love him that much more. He doesn't look like Nolan at all but more like Natasha and that makes no difference to me. I love this little guy who carries my genes into the future. Nolan didn't look much different from when I left in October. He's still the most amazingly beautiful child and just as funny. Apparently when "GG" was mentioned, he'd look at the door knowing I was gone somewhere. It didn't take long to make him realize that I was the "GG" and I had returned. He had us all laughing at his antics until it was time for us to go home and for him to go to bed. Back home I attacked the pile of mail that had built up over the last 5 months and noticed one odd letter from "Reliance", the company that rents me my water heater. Upon opening it, I was blasted with the notice that my account had been placed with a collection agency. I owed them $86 and had not replied to countless attempts to notices all winter. Yikes! I thought I'd sent them a cheque to cover the winter months I'd been away but my checkbook told me otherwise. Oh, Oh! Now I'm left wondering how badly this $86 of arrears and a collection agency has hurt my credit. And also wondering if my rented water heater will be confiscated before I can send off another cheque. LOL! Well, poop happens and I'm not perfect. Neither is my memory but I'll have to be better organized from her on in about paying this particular bill. Most of my utilities are paid by automatic withdrawal from my account but I've been reluctant to add the cable and the water heater rental to that list. I don't like too many companies having access to my account. I think what I'll do is make a list of who I need to send post dated cheques to in October in order to keep myself updated. This is the first time I've forgotten someone but I am getting older and finding the preparation needed for leaving here in October can be a bit overwhelming. There is always so much to tend to before leaving for Florida and being gone 5-6 months. Lists are good.

No comments: