Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Renovations 2011

This might be the tile I choose for the kitchen backsplash but I still have some shopping around before I make up my mind. I think the true color is lighter beige than what shows here and it's also polished stone (shiny). I was a little shocked when I saw the price of tile these days because I haven't bought any in a while. It doesn't matter. Life is so darned short and the present tile in the kitchen has been there possibly more than 30 years. I'd like a change.

I'm making a few changes this summer and the biggest will be a bathroom in my bedroom. I'm not looking forward to the mess it will make while it's being built but I'll spend most of the time up at Joyce's if she'll have me. I'm assuming the work will take 4 or 5 days. I might be dreaming but that's what I'm hoping.

It's exciting to have work done on your house. I suppose we never get over building and rebuilding our nests, do we?

Shelley and John have finally purchased their new home and it's out of this world beautiful. I asked if one of the bedrooms would be painted lilac and white but she said white only and I could add a few lilac knicknacks. I'm okay with that. It will be fun to go shopping with her for those...I wouldn't want to choose anything she didn't really like.

Life is good, isn't it?

No comments: