Friday, July 22, 2011

Happy Days!

John, the new handyman, phoned me at 7:45 A.M. to say that he was on his way here to start on the front porch. I could have cried with joy. I thought for sure that he was calling to say he couldn't start right away for one reason or another and here he was on his way to my house to work!!

He arrived shortly after and began sandblasting the old paint off the porch and the railing. When he was finished, he told me he was leaving for a while and would return when the porch dried so that he could grind out the nails that Dean had pounded into the concrete and then he'd start applying the special concrete mixture to smooth the whole thing. He did just as he said he would. I'm so thrilled, I'm giddy.

I know the whole process involves quite a few steps so he feels he'll be finished Thursday. I can't wait to tell him that it took Dean 2 months to finish the awful job he did on my porch that requires it all to be redone. What a difference in a person's work ethics.

I just went outside to look at the porch and it looks a million times better already. It's irked the life out of me every single time I walked up those stairs the past year at least because it looked so awful. I couldn't help but think how upset Dennis would be if he could see it. He always kept the outside of the house in excellent shape without me even having to nudge him. I really only nudged him for changes I wanted made...he was too content with the status quo!

I think I'll go ahead with having the 2 pc. bathroom put upstairs. I can trust that my new handyman won't make it a horribly drawn out mess. In any case, I'll go visit Joyce and Larry while it's being done so maybe I'll see no mess at all. I know...I'm a dreamer.

No comments: