Monday, August 22, 2011

Biopsy

Faye went with me to the hospital today where I had a biopsy on my lip. It was the cosmetic surgeon who did it and he said it can't be anything but skin cancer. There goes my last hope. The biopsy didn't hurt at all but the doctor put in dissolving stitches and the site has hurt ever since the freezing wore off.

I see him again on the 31st when I assume he'll give me a date for the full surgery. I'm really hoping it will be in September so I can get this all over with and get on with my life. I'm really fed up with it and am looking forward to when it's only a fading memory.

It's hard for me to concentrate on anything when I'm hurting so it's a good thing I've finished Matt's afghan. It just needs to have the sides sewn up and I can give it to him and Sandra so I'll do that tomorrow. Then I'm going to try to finish Mary's tablecloth that I started last year. I dropped it for a while because I was bored with weaving green yarn on a green fabric...it's for a Xmas tablecloth.

I don't think I'm depressed or even sad anymore about this lip. I'm more determined to get it looked after so I can find something else to worry about. I do think I'll probably make more check-up visits to the dermatologist in the future, though, just to be on the safe side.

No comments: