Friday, September 30, 2011

My New Hat

Isn't it pretty? I needed a wide brimmed hat to protect my face from the sun (especially in Florida) and had gone shopping a while ago to look for one but summer stuff is scarce right now. Today, at the clinic, I saw this one at the volunteers' desk and went over to ask how much it cost. Darned if all their hats aren't donated and free to cancer patients so that's how I got it. I'll see what I can find in Florida and bring them back to the clinic as my donation for their kindness. I'm not crazy about wearing a hat but I'll do it because I have to do it.

It's a crazy day out there...first overcast and threatening rain but interspersed with sunshine. The air feels like autumn now and you can see more fall color in the trees. I'm staying inside today to get laundry and floors done. I meant to do them on Tuesday but only got as far as getting out the vacuum cleaner before I lost interest. Well, today's the day.

By the way, anyone been watching the "XFactor"? It's just as good, maybe better than American Idol. I love seeing the undiscovered talent that abounds out there. I've also become addicted to watching "Dancing With The Stars", thanks to Mary and Faye. I don't watch much other than reality T.V. anymore and have never been a soap fan.

Well, I guess I'd better wash these floors before I lose interest again.

No comments: