Monday, October 24, 2011

Great Day

Kim and Cindy picked Shelley up at the airport and they all got to my house before 4 P.M. It's such a pleasure to see all my girls together and so obviously madly in love with each other. Shelley looked and felt good so her bout with food poisoning must be about out of her system now. She had an interesting seat mate on the plane, too, one of Bob Marley's sons.

The girls ended up going out to pick up Swiss Chalet for their dinner while their poor Momma with the big scabby lip stayed home and had a Boost. They brought dinner back for Nick who arrived after work with Natasha, Nolan, and Nash. Don, Cindy's boyfriend came over, too, so it was a merry household. We yakked and played with the babies until tiredness overtook them all and they went home. Shelley is staying at Kim's.

Shelley picked up some non-stick bandages while she was out for me to attach under my scab tonight so they'll soak up any leakage...sorry for grossing anybody out. There really isn't all that much but it keeps me awake cleaning it up.

It's so peaceful in the house now. That's one of the perks of being a Gramma/GG...the children ultimately go home with their parents. I do love seeing them, though, and enjoy every minute I'm with them.

As I watched all the loving and noisy activity around me tonight, I thought how sad and lonely it would be to never have children or grandchildren (or greatgrandchildren) in your life. I love my family and my extended family. Life has been good to me me in many ways and I know how fortunate I am. But this solitary peace and quiet is pretty nice, too.

No comments: