Sunday, October 09, 2011

No Stamina

At the best of times I don't expend any more enrgy than I have to but since I've spent most of the summer and fall so far on the sofa my energy level is seriously low. Yesterday I did about 2 hours light labor outside and nearly died from exhaustion. Any heavy lifting just tuckers me out something fierce so I stopped before lifting the 14 rail planters off the deck. They need to be placed on their sides on the patio so that they won't split during the winter. I'll save that job for another day.

I have never been physically strong and I'm also too lazy to go to a gym to build up my strength so I have no-one to blame but myself. Luckily, I don't need to possess much physical strength to get by each day but the few times it's necessary wears me out.

This isn't good but it's what it is. A sedentary life has few rewards.

No comments: